L-DC, Laurel Laureate DC Voltage & Current Digital Panel Meters
- ±0.2, ±2, ±20, ±200, ±300V & ±600V DC voltage ranges
- ±2, ±20, ±200 mA and ±5A DC current ranges
- 99.99% full scale accuracy ±2 counts
- Front panel scalable to ±99,999 for use with current shunts
- Transducer excitation output, 5, 10 or 24 Vdc (isolated)
- Universal 85-264 Vac / 90-300 Vdc or 10-48 Vdc / 12-32 Vac power
- Wide choice of options:
- 2 or 4 relays, mechanical or solid state (isolated)
- Analog output, 4-20 mA, 0-10V, or -10V to +10V (isolated)
- Serial data I/O: Ethernet, USB, RS485, RS232 (isolated)
- Custom curve linearization, rate from consecutive readings
- Up to 60 conversions per second
- Selectable adaptive digital filter
- Peak or valley capture & display
Laureate™ DC voltage and current panel meters with a DC signal conditioner board combine high accuracy with high read rate and a wide range of isolated output options for computer interface and control. Accuracy is 99.99% of full scale ±2 counts.
- DC voltmeter operation (selected by jumpers) provides and six full-scale voltage ranges from ±200.00 mV with 10 mV resolution to ±600.0V with 100 mV resolution. The 200.00 mV and 2.0000V ranges provide a high input impedance of 1 Gohm to minimize the load on the voltage signal.
- DC ammeter operation (selected by jumpers) provides four full-scale current ranges from ±2.0000 mA with 0.1 mA resolution to ±5.000 A with 1 mA resolution. The 5.000 A range measures the IR drop across a built-in 10 milliohm current shunt.
All voltage and current ranges are factory calibrated, with calibration factors for each range stored in an EEPROM on the signal conditioner board. This allows ranges and signal conditioner boards to be changed in the field without recalibrating the meter.
External current shunts are fully supported. Scaling from full-scale millivolts, such as 50 mV or 100 mV, to amperes is easily accomplished from the front panel of the meter. The scalable readout is five full digits up to ±99,999 counts.
High read rates at up to 60 or 50 conversions per second while integrating the signal over a full power cycle are provided by Concurrent Slope (US Pat 5,262,780) analog-to-digital conversion. High read rates are ideal for peak or valley capture, real-time computer interface, and control. Peak and valley values are automatically captured. These may be displayed via a front panel pushbutton command or a control signal at the rear connector, or be transmitted as serial data.
Digital filtering is selectable for electrically noisy environments, including a batch averaging filter and an adaptive moving average filter which provides a choice of 8 time constants from 80 ms to 9.6 s. When a significant change in signal level occurs, that filter adapts by briefly switching to the shortest time constant to follow the change, then reverts back to the selected time constant. In a selectable Auto filter mode, the filter time constant is automatically selected based on detected signal noise.
Designed for system use. Optional plug-in boards for communications and control include Ethernet and other serial communication boards, dual or quad relay boards, and an isolated analog output board. Laureates may be powered from 85-264 Vac or optionally from 12-32 Vac or 10-48 Vdc. The display is available with red or green LEDs. The 1/8 DIN case meets NEMA 4X (IP65) specifications from the front when panel mounted. Any setup functions and front panel keys can be locked out for simplified usage and security. A built-in isolated 5, 10, or 24 Vdc excitation supply can power transducers and eliminate the need for an external power supply. All power and signal connections are via UL / VDE / CSA rated screw clamp plugs.
Laureate™ 1/8 DIN Case: For Laureate Digital Panel Meters, Counters, Timers & Remote Displays
- Meets 1/8 DIN Standard.
- Installs from front of panel.
- Short depth behind the panel: only 4" (102 mm) plus connectors.
- Understated 0.157" (4 mm) thick bezel.
- Meets NEMA 4X (IP-65) for high-pressure wawshdon when panel mounted.
- Screw clamps connectors meet VDE / IEC / UL / CSA safety standards.
- Rugged GE Lexan® housing material.
- Safety certified per EN 61010-1.
Maximum panel thickness: 4.5 mm (0.18")
Weight of base meter: 210 g (7.4 oz) typical (DPM, counter, timer, 6-digit remote display)
Weight of option boards: 30 g (1.0 oz) typical per board (analog output, relay output, communications)
L-DC, DC Voltage & Current Digital Panel Meter
Laureate Series, Digital Panel Meters